Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Notice to Adolescence

I know that we are different now and that things may never be as they were before.

I accept that you see things differently to me but hope that one day you will see things something like I do and may appreciate that it was with the best of motives that I chose to differ.

I love you no less now than I did when you did need me to change you or provide tissues or serve up food.

I aspire to be the parent, guardian and most of all, friend that you have at times needed and will need in the coming years.

Please do not ever distance me from you as this is my greatest fear and we must remember that our minor squabbles and differences and are just that, minor.

It may not always be apparent but I am as available to you today as I have ever been. I swear to you that this is the case.

Please remember that I love you and that your health, well-being and respect are more important to me than life itself. This will never cease.

God bless you

Your Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment